Friday, April 14, 2017

Week 10

Week 10...Last week but the adventure is just getting started. I just wanted to start off by thanking everyone who is following this blog for sticking with my work and bearing with my obscure posts that probably didn't make much sense (or at least in the first few weeks). I also wanted to thank BlocPower for the tremendous opportunity in allowing me to work as a technology intern for the two and a half month period that I was there, allowing me to learn code, SEO optimization, and crowdfunding mechanisms I would otherwise not have been able to explore. 

Anyways onto what I did this week. So this week I submitted my presentation to my faculty advisor, Mr. Covalciuc, and received some feedback for that. I will submit to you, the audience, what I gave to him at the bottom if you would like to check it out. It is still in the works and may not make much sense but I hope when I present on it that might clear things up a bit (ps as a side note please, if you are so inclined, just look it over and give any thoughts you guys have just so I get some more eyes on it and make sure it’s not completely awful :)).

And if you all are interested in what I did for my last week at BlocPower here it is. This week I setup basic page functionalities for the wiki. I created screen captures also (which are just videos people can create by recording their screen) for the engineering, finance, and technology team so that now that I am gone, at least there is some sort of resource there for people needing the wiki to refer to. 


Beyond, finishing up work at BlocPower, I also created some notes for each slide for the Powerpoint and really tried to narrow down what was important and what wasn’t. I came to the conclusion that in answering the central question, how do gardens improve STEM-based education in urban schools, I also looked at other important factors like the current state of STEM-related subjects in inner-city schools and how gardens can (or can't be) successfully implemented into that curriculum.

Anyway I don't want to give too much away so here is that Powerpoint as a reference. I hope you all enjoy your weekend and I look forward to giving my final update soon.  




20 comments:

  1. Hi Kayvon! I can't wait to see your presentation. Your work these past weeks has been so interesting. Good job and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dani! Thank you and hope my presentation addresses any questions that you may have. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Hey Kayvon, congratulations on finishing your project and (pretty much) your final presentation. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Oscar! Thanks for the good tidings and look forward to presenting. Appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. Hey Kayvan, can't wait to come and see your Presentation. And I don't think your first few weeks were that confusing. Good luck on your final week.

    Harrison Miao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Harrison! Thanks for this comment and look forward to my final post and ultimately my presentation.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the completion of your project. It was fun going through your project with you and learning about Blocpower and gardens. Good luck with your work and the final week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ravi! My hope was to keep it all interesting but it came off a bit confusing at times. Thanks and look forward to presenting!

      Delete
  5. Hey Kayvon! It was nice reading your blog and learning about the whole experience. Congratulations on finishing your project. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kirill! Glad it was an enjoyable experience. Thanks and look forward to that final presentation!

      Delete
  6. Hey Kayvon! Congrats on finishing your project on such a successful note! Im definitely going to go see your presentation in May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jackson! Hope I kept it interesting and glad you are coming to the presentation. Look forward to it!

      Delete
  7. Hey Kayvon! It was fun commenting on your blog each week, and I cant wait to see your presentation. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Michael! It was fun responding to your comments and look forward to presenting. Thanks!

      Delete
  8. Nice, Kayvon! I see your programming skills have improved since starting your project with blocpower. looking forward to your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ahmad! I have acquired many skills that I look forward to reflecting upon in my final presentation. Thanks!

      Delete
  9. Hi Kayvon! Congrats on finishing your senior project! I think the hardest part of the PowerPoint is narrowing it down to fit in that 10 minute time limit. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gillian! Yes it certainly has been difficult finding what to keep and what not to. So true. Look forward to that final presentation!

      Delete
  10. Hey Kayvon! I can't wait to see what your final presentation looks like! good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Frida! Thanks and look forward to presenting (hope it looks good). Thanks again!

      Delete